WE WANT YOUR AD TO PRINT CORRECTLY. Ad files with problems or last-minute changes increase the chance of print error. Please make every effort to deliver your materials on time and to our specifications in order to avoid issues or additional charges.
The most common errors are images not converted to CMYK, low-resolution graphics, text outside the safety margin, the use of spot or RGB colors, and missing bleed allowances on bleed ads. Please help us by reading the following information.
• PUBLICATION TRIM SIZE: 9” x 11”
• SAFETY: 0.25” from trim on all sides
• BLEED: 0.25” beyond trim on all sides
• BINDING METHOD: perfect
• IMAGE RESOLUTION: 300 dpi
• LINE SCREEN: 150 dpi
• COLOR SPACE: CMYK only; no spot color
• ACCEPTABLE FILE FORMAT—PDF/X-1A: The press-quality PDF/X-1a must be made from a PostScript file with all fonts and high-resolution images embedded.
• Image resolution: 300dpi
• Line art, including text set in Photoshop: 600-1200 dpi
NOTE: Type will reproduce best if set in a page layout program. Make sure black text is 100% black and NOT made of multiple color builds.
• Magazine is printed in CMYK. No RGB colors. (Ad files containing RGB or spot colors will be converted to CMYK which may cause an undesired shift in color appearance.)
ACCEPTABLE ad file formats:
• Adobe Products Acrobat (Press-quality PDF files with fonts embedded). Generate one ad per pdf file.
• InDesign (INDD with accompanying links and fonts included)
• Illustrator (EPS or AI files—with accompanying links and fonts included)
• Photoshop (JPG)
NOT ACCEPTED for ad layout files:
• Powerpoint, Word* (other than plain text), Publisher, Excel, Freehand, Corel Draw, Paint, Quark
*If ad submission is plain text, Word is acceptable. No artwork, no logos included.
• NO gif or png images accepted; images from the web are not suitable for printing.
• Vector artwork should be saved in .AI or .EPS format with fonts and images embedded, or all images and fonts must be supplied.
• All screen and printer fonts must be provided.
• We will substitute with similar fonts if originals are not submitted.
• Text can be converted to outlines, but if proofing errors are discovered, new art will need to be submitted.
• Keep live matter at least 1/4″ inside trim dimensions on all sides.
It is the Client’s responsibility to check all ad materials—AngelMD, aka the PUBLISHER, assumes no responsibility for errors in submitted ad materials.
Cancellation or changes in orders not accepted after closing date.
All rates are per issue. Issues produced quarterly. First issue must be paid in advance.
Invoice due upon receipt. Checks are payable to AngelMD. 10% discount on rates paid up front. Discounts can not be combined. All major credit cards accepted. Advertiser agrees to pay all legal fees, court and/or collection costs on accounts delinquent over 90 days.
Advertising contracts and insertion orders with MD Next are non-cancellable.
Recognized advertising agencies are entitled to a 15% commission on ads placed at full rate card prices that are submitted complete and to the publisher’s specifications.
Advertisers shall provide MD Next with appropriate materials within stated guidelines. Late material will incur a $100 charge. All ads are subject to publisher’s approval.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR ADVERTISING
In consideration of publication of an advertisement, the advertiser and the agency, jointly and severally, agree to indemnify and hold harmless the PUBLISHER and its officers, agents, and employees against expenses (including legal fees) and losses resulting from the publication of the contents of the ad, including, without limitation, claims or suits for libel, violation of privacy, copyright infringement, or plagiarism.
[Click image to see media kit]
Submitted files must be at 100% of the ad size you are running via the dimensions shown below.